Festive Deepavali with various Rewards at the airport
Deepavali is a time for family reunions and is marked by prayer, feasts, fireworks and charitable giving. Malaysia Airports brings forward festive spirit with simple and refined decorations at KLIA and klia2. Taking centerstage is a colourful kolam, incorporating intricate patterns and bright coloured motifs also known as ‘rangoli’.
Created by a professional kolam artist who holds the Malaysia Book of Records for the largest kolam ever made in 2009, Mehnaga Mathivanan a.k.a Anjali took 15 hours to create this unique kolam design depicting the true meaning of Deepavali. A life-size peacock stands in the middle of the kolam, symbolising power, strength, unity, and even divinity.
This year’s celebration is a bit more special as we can all travel to celebrate the festive season with our loved ones after the pandemic. Nevertheless, retailers at the airport are more than ready to also welcome everyone with more offerings and promotions.
Deepavali Social Media Contest
Spreading the joy and spirit of Deepavali, Malaysia Airports is also organising a social media contest where airport guests are encouraged to take photos with the Deepavali decorations at KLIA and klia2. Two (2) with the most creative photos will get a SamaSama Hotel's VVIP Membership stay worth more than RM500 and ten (10) consolation prizes of a Buffet Dinner at the Hotel.
All you need to do is upload the photos on your Instagram account, and tag @shopMYairports with #KULDeepavali.
Deepavali Instant Rewards for Shoppers
Additionally, visitors who shopped and dine at the airport can redeem instant rewards as per the following promo mechanics:
- Shop and Get RM30 shopMYairports Voucher: 15 – 31 October 2022 (17 days)
Spend a minimum of RM150 on a single receipt and get an RM30 shopping voucher to be spent on shopMYairports. Applicable at participating retail and F&B outlets in KLIA and klia2.
*Terms & Conditions:
- Min spend of RM150 is required to get the RM30 shopMYairports voucher
- RM150 spending is applicable at participating retail and F&B outlets in KLIA and klia2
- RM30 shopMYairports voucher is valid until 10 November 2022 for online shopping on www.shopMYairports.com.my
- RM30 shopping voucher is limited to the first 300 redemptions only
- Promo is valid from 10 – 31 October 2022
- Shop and Redeem Tasty ‘Murukku’ or Henna Art: 20 – 24 October 2022 (5 days)
There will also be exclusive ‘murukku’ or henna art redemption at KLIA when you spend a minimum of RM100 at all retail and F&B outlets, KLIA, Main Terminal Building from 20 – 24 October.
*Terms & Conditions:
- Min spends of RM100 (a maximum of two receipts) is required to redeem either ‘murukku’ or henna art
- RM100 spending is applicable at all retail and F&B outlets in Main Terminal Building, KLIA only
- Limited redemptions available
- Redemption is valid from 20 – 24 October only (9 am – 9 pm)
Other activities include the showcase of Indian cultural dance performances at both KLIA and klia2 terminals. These dance performances will be held from 19 to 28 October.